We will be offering the flu vaccination to all our eligible patients from the end of September.
We will send an SMS (text) invite to all eligible patients which will allow you to choose your preferred location and time.
You can also phone the practice to book an appointment.
Patients eligible for the flu vaccine
People aged 65 and over
If you’re aged 65 years old or over (including if you’ll be 65 years old by 31 March 2024), you can book a free flu vaccine.
People aged 18 to 64
If you’re aged 18 to 64 years old, you can book a free flu vaccine if you:
- have certain long-term health conditions
- are pregnant
- are in long-stay residential care
- receive a carer’s allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone who is more likely to get a severe infection (such as someone who has HIV, has had a transplant, or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
- are a frontline worker in a social care setting (if you cannot get a flu vaccine through your employer)
For more information, please visit NHS: Flu Vaccine.
Who should have the nasal spray flu vaccine
The nasal spray flu vaccine is free on the NHS for:
- children aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2023 (born between 1 September 2019 and 31 August 2021)
- all primary school children (Reception to Year 6)
- some secondary school aged children (Year 7 to Year 11)
- children aged 2 to 17 years with certain long-term health conditions
If your child is aged between 6 months and 2 years and has a long-term health condition that makes them at higher risk from flu, they’ll be offered a flu vaccine injection instead of the nasal spray.
This is because the nasal spray is not licensed for children under 2 years old.
The nasal spray vaccine offers the best protection for children aged 2 to 17 years. They’ll be offered a flu vaccine injection if the nasal spray vaccine is not suitable for them. Injected flu vaccines are also safe and effective.
For more information, please visit NHS: Children’s Flu Vaccine.